Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-being
This qualification supports individuals currently working within (or aspiring to work within) the health and well-being field and will
equip learners with the essential knowledge and skills to address the health and well-being of individuals within their surrounding
communities. This qualification enables learners to gain a skills base aimed at facilitating long-term change amongst those in
their communities not currently engaging in active, healthy living.
There are no specific entry requirements.
The learner must complete all of the mandatory units listed. There are also a number of additional units which can be taken
alongside this qualification.
• Unit 1: Working with communities to promote and support active healthy lifestyles (J/505/1065).
• Unit 2: Understanding the role of physical activity in health and well-being (F/506/6969).
• Unit 3: Alcohol awareness (R/504/8282).
• Unit 4: Smoking awareness and cessation (J/505/2930).
• Unit 5: Understanding nutrition, performance and healthy eating (F/504/4485).
• Unit 6: Collecting, managing and reporting of personal data (A/506/6968).
For further information on the additional units please download the qualification guidance:
This qualification is assessed by:
• Portfolio of evidence.
• Practical demonstration/assignment.