The purpose of this qualification is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills so they can engage, facilitate, educate and support clients in a gym or health club environment.
Completing this qualification allows learners to access Gym Instructor jobs.
Learners must be aged 16 plus. Ideally they should have some experience of gym-based exercises as participation in a variety of gym-based practical sessions will be required throughout the qualification. Learners should also have communication skills pitched at level 2 which can be developed during the course.
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1 – Anatomy & physiology for exercise & fitness instructors
- Unit 2 – Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Unit 3 – Lifestyle management & health awareness
- Unit 4 – Gym-based programme planning and preparation
- Unit 5 – Gym-based programme delivery and professional instruction