The qualification aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct programmes for exercise referral.
Learners will cover:
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Collect and analyse nutritional information and apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
- Collect information about exercise referral patients and prepare patients and resources for exercise referral sessions.
- Instruct, adapt, conclude and review exercise referral sessions. Agree goals, plan, manage, review progress and adapt an exercise referral programme with exercise referral patients.
Learners should be 16 plus and must hold one or more of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
• Unit 2: Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral
• Unit 3: Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
• Unit 4: Instructing exercise with referred patients
• Unit 5: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
• Unit 6: Nutrition to support physical activity