The Active IQ Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults is at Level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
There are no specific entry requirements.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to:
• Fulfil the role of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults in their chosen environment.
Progression This qualification provides progression to:
• Sector-specific qualifications, for example:
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions.
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Wellbeing.
Definitions For the purpose of this qualification, the following definitions apply: A child is defined as anyone who has not reached their 18th birthday. ‘Children’ therefore means ‘children and young people’. A vulnerable adult is someone aged 18 or over who is unable to care independently for themselves or unable to protect themselves against significant harm or exploitation.