This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individual and groups of client in a personal training setting. Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting of alternatively in a self-employed environment.
It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively
Qualification structure and credit Value
The learner must achieve all mandatory units. The total credit value is 36.
This qualification comprises of 7 mandatory units
The following 3 units have already been achieved at Level 2 (unit 1,2,3) and in order to achieve the full personal training certificate learners must achieve units 4,5,6,7.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016)– this unit is worth 2 credits
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052) – this unit is worth 7 credits
- Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053) – this unit is worth 9 credits
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (L/600/9054) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment