The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) is at level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework.
Aim: To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/postacute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
- Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
Qualification structure and credit value
Learners must complete the five mandatory units (37 credits).
|1.||Anatomy and physiology for sports massage||3||10|
|2.||Principles of health and fitness||2||3|
|3.||Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction||3||3|
|4.||Professional practice in sports massage||3||5|
|5.||Sports massage treatments||3||16|
- Multiple Choice question paper
- Practical Observation
- Coursework/ portfolio of evidence