The Active IQ Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork is at level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health – This will exempt learners from Units 1-4
Qualification structure and credit value
The learner must achieve all seven mandatory units.
Mandatory units – Credit Value required: Minimum 37, Maximum 37.
- 1. Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits – RPL
- 2. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051) – this unit is worth 6 credits – RPL
- 3. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits – RPL
- 4. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits – RPL
- 5. Principles of Pilates Matwork (D/602/5324) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- 6. Programme Pilates Matwork (H/602/5325) – this unit is worth 9 credits
- 7. Instructing Pilates Matwork (K/602/5326) – this unit is worth 10 credits
Additional unit (this does not form part of the mandatory units)
- 8. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (L/600/9054) – this unit is worth 6 credits.
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment
- Multiple Choice Examination