Platinum Training Institute are proud to be hosting the Level 4 Cardiac Rehab course in association with BACPR (British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation)
BACPR Level 4 Cardiac Specialist Exercise Instructor Training
Venue: Platinum Training Institute, Queens University PEC, Botanic Park, Belfast, BT9 5EX
Dates : 26th / 27th Sept and 16th / 17th / 18th Oct 2015
Assessment : 12th December 2015
The leading level 4 cardiac course for exercise professionals recognised by REPs and Skills Active. This course is considered as the gold standard training by cardiac rehabilitation clinical professionals across the UK and has a close link to the BHF
The BACPR Exercise Instructor qualification is a 5 day training programme which provides specialist training for exercise professionals who want to prescribe and deliver exercise programmes as part of the overall long-term management of individuals with cardiovascular disease. Long Term management (Phase IV) is the maintenance of physical activity and lifestyle change following the early cardiac rehabilitation recovery phase delivered by health professionals. This well respected training course is has been delivered for the last 14 years across the UK by specialist and experienced tutors in the field of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation. The course prides itself on the strong links it has developed between exercise and clinical professionals within the field of cardiac rehabilitation enabling a high standard of care to be provided for the individual with heart disease.
WHY ENROL AND GAIN THIS QUALIFICATION WITH BACPR
· To enable you to safely prescribe and deliver an exercise programme for individuals with cardiovascular disease
· To enhance your knowledge in the field of cardiovascular disease to use in your existing work whether working in a gym setting, personal training or supervising group exercise classes.
· To gain the gold standard Level 4 Cardiac course for exercise professional, recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and Skills Active.
The training course is delivered over 5 days and includes a 2 hour practical session. There are also 4 visits to a local Cardiac Rehabilitation programme required prior to the assessment day.
Comprehensive syllabus supported by a course manual and DVD which includes:-
- Cardiac rehabilitation – the background
- The heart and cardiovascular system
- Cardiovascular disease
- Pathology and presentation
- Investigation and diagnosis
- Medical / surgical treatments
- Endurance exercise
- Acute and chronic responses
- Benefit for cardiac patients
- The rehabilitation process
- Risk factors
- Exercise considerations for special populations
- Exercise programming & prescription
- Changing behaviour & motivational interviewing
- Problem scenarios & emergency procedures
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this course you will need to submit the following:
• Completed application form
• Copies of your exercise qualification – IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS QUALIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT ‘PLATINUM TRAINING INSTITUTE’ AS WE OFFER LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN EXERCISE REFERRAL
• Phase III endorser support confirmation – you are required to make contact with your local cardiac rehabilitation programme Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme Finder to gain their agreement to you visiting their programme. You will be asked to do at least 4 visits to the local cardiac rehabilitation whilst on the course. Please supply programme name , contact name and email.