The CanRehab team was the first U.K. training provider to be able to offer a Level 4 Qualification in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation and is endorsed by CIMSPA.
CanRehab believes there is a growing awareness among many health professionals that by prescribing exercise to patients living with cancer they can not only reduce the side effects of cancer treatment but may also reduce the risk of cancer recurring.
The knowledge you will gain by completing the Level 4 Qualification in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation will enable you to confidently and professionally deliver safe and effective exercise classes and individual exercise programs to clients living with cancer.
CanRehab believes that it is vitally important that to aide recovery and quality of life, all cancer patients are given the correct advice by professionally trained instructors, able to design and adapt a physical activity program for each individual patient. On completion of this qualification, you will be a recognized specialist exercise instructor in cancer rehabilitation and will be able to actively assist and encourage your clients living with cancer on their road to recovery.
The CanRehab Level 4 Qualification in The Level 4 Qualification in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation will teach you to design, agree, and adapt a physical activity program to aide cancer rehabilitation for your clients or patients living with cancer.
The course consists of 28 hours of teaching over 4 days and will also require you to complete approximately 100 hours of independent study. To enhance self-study, you will be provided with an educational manual and a practical DVD to be used alongside the taught module.
On completing this qualification you will:
- Understand the causes of cancer, current cancer treatments, and the side effects relevant to exercise prescription.
- Be familiar with the most recent evidence on the effects of different exercises on specific cancer types and specific side effects of cancer treatments.
- Confidently prepare a reliable and effective system of communication and information gathering with clients and health professionals.
- Be capable of carrying out a risk assessment, exercise testing and prescribing personalized exercise programs for each patient/client living with cancer.
- Be able to deliver safe and effective physical activities with patients/ clients living with cancer.
On completing the course you will be assessed using the following criteria:
- The theory exam will include multiple and short answer papers based on the course manual and presentations.
- Case study: you will be required to write a case study on a client living with cancer.
- Practical viva: you will demonstrate the screening and adapting of your exercise program for the case studies used in the course