Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
The qualification aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct programmes for exercise referral.
Learners will cover:
Skills relating to the qualification:
Learners should be 16 plus and must hold one or more of the following:
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
• Unit 2: Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral
• Unit 3: Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
• Unit 4: Instructing exercise with referred patients
• Unit 5: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
• Unit 6: Nutrition to support physical activity
The YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral is assessed through a combination of internal and external assessment.
Learner Assessment Record
Multiple Choice Theory paper
Course Start Date
February 4th 2023
LIVE Tutorial Dates
– February 4th,5th,19th – 10am-4pm
– February 11th,12th,18th – 10am-4pm + March 12th – 10am-1pm (All LIVE Online)
– April 2nd 2023 – 10am-4pm
*This Course is completed via Blended Learning (Home Study, LIVE Online Tutorials and Face to Face Practicals).
*As this is a Practical based qualification you will need to be available to travel to our offices in Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland for practical tutorials and assessments.