This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training.
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
• Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
• Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
• Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
• Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
• Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
• How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
• How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.