This qualification is open to all:
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Gym based pathway – Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
Qualification structure and credit Value
The learner must achieve all 6 mandatory units
The total credit value of the qualification is 24 credits.
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits